It is one of the most fashionable acquisitions in many homes in our country. People who love films or series say that there is a before and an after. But, do we need to buy a sound bar for the TV? Are we going to notice the difference? From Digital Cinema we are convinced that yes, and we are going to explain it to you in this post.
Can you imagine having a TV with 8K technology, spectacular picture quality, and the sound not being up to scratch? You could say that the audiovisual experience would be incomplete. For families who don’t have the space for a home cinema, investing in sound equipment can make all the difference.
On this basis, it is clear that buying a soundbar can therefore be an investment in our entertainment and our experience of enjoying the cinema or our favourite series. But what do we need to know before buying one? We explain it to you.
Tips for buying the right sound bar
As we say, this is the best alternative to enjoy our passion without having to spend too much money. But be careful. Not just anyone will do and there are certain aspects we need to be aware of. Take note:
- Size is not everything. Don’t be guided by size. In fact, a good soundbar is specifically designed to be unobtrusive and deliver excellent performance. It’s more important to be guided by how you set up your system and the placement of the bar, rather than its size.
- Choose the right system. This is one of the most important decisions we will make when buying a soundbar. As always, your budget will determine how far you can go. Currently, 2.0 and 2.1 systems offer more than acceptable, though not excellent, quality. If you want to go for the highest level, stereo and surround alternatives with 5.1 soundbars may be ideal.
- Are you going to forget about the subwoofer? You may not think you need it at first, but we think you may regret buying a soundbar without a subwoofer in the long run. Fortunately, the vast majority of today’s soundbars have one.
- Neither size nor wattage. Another aspect we should not get carried away with is the number of watts of the bar. We are often sold the virtues of acquiring more power, but we can also fall into excessive saturation that can be detrimental to the final quality.
- Commitment to connectivity. It could not be otherwise nowadays. Wireless technologies are highly usable and useful.