Are you passionate about the seventh art? Do you like to enjoy films, premieres, series and documentaries at home? If so, you might be thinking about creating a home cinema, right? For all those fans, we are sure that these lines of our blog will be really interesting.
Today, we would like to talk to you about a series of elements that we consider essential to set up a room like this in your home and make it really effective, comfortable and where you can enjoy your favourite pastime. So, with a little care and attention, the experience can be tremendously enriching.
At DIGITAL CINEMA we are at your disposal to help you achieve that dream you have always had. Have you already seen the home cinema in this villa in Son Vida? It was one of our most exciting projects and we achieved a simply stunning result.
What do we need to set up a home cinema?
When we talk about installing a home cinema, we mean a room in which the experience is as close as possible to being in modern commercial cinemas, with all that this means: projection, audio, comforts… It is difficult, but not impossible. You just have to be clear about what you need. There are several elements that are essential:
- Large format TV or projector. We prefer a projector and a screen of 100 inches or more, as long as the distance between the sofa and the wall is adequate. Otherwise, there are televisions of more than 65 inches and the latest technology that can offer a good audiovisual experience.
- Multi-channel surround receiver with immersive sound. In case of large rooms, a combination of a multi-channel preamplifier and a multi-stage amplifier would be desirable.
- An AV source.
- A set of loudspeakers. Ideally, the distribution should be 3 at the front, 2 at the rear and 2 or 4 at the ceiling. In addition, an active subwoofer should also be added to the above. Also consider the option of adding another one for your viewing pleasure.
- Power conditioner or an electric shock safety device.
- Universal remote control. Can be replaced by smartphone or tablet apps to operate the entire system without any problems.
- Conditioning system to make the sound as balanced as possible.
- Comfortable sofas or armchairs. It is important that you give a good capacity to the room for possible visits or to be able to enjoy with the whole family.